- Medicaid - Medicaid pays for health and medical care for certain groups of people who have low income. Medicaid is only available to people who fall into certain categories and who have limited finances.
- Profiling Law (54.1-2910.1 Certain Data Required) - The law that governs the practitioner information project. Includes an enumerated list of the data to be collected from doctors of medicine, osteopathy, and podiatry, and made available to the public.
- Virginia Board of Medicine - The Board of Medicine licenses and regulates doctors of medicine, osteopathy, podiatry, chiropractic, interns/residents, physician assistants, and practitioners in athletic trainers, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, radiological technology, and acupuncture.
- Virginia Code Excerpt - The section of the Virginia Code that describes convictions.
- Virginia Department of Health - A good resource for many health related issues.
- Virginia Department of Health Professions - Home of the Licensing Boards for all Health Professions in Virginia
- Virginia's Home Page - Resources for Virgina's citizens
Online Public Information
- Doctor Profile Data download - Data from this website available for downloading.
- License Lookup - Database containing current (unexpired) licensee records and also records of licensees whose license has expired during the past 5 years. License Lookup provides licensee's address of record (this may not be a practice location), license status, and disciplinary status.
- Recent Case Decisions - Health Regulatory Boards listing of Case Decisions entered during the past 90 days.
Other Citizen Services
- Prescription Assistance Programs in Virginia - Prescription Assistance Programs in Virginia from the Virginia Department for the Aging
- Senior Navigator - An online program that helps Virginia senior citizens and their families, caregivers, churches and community groups use the Internet to find answers to medical questions, locate senior health services and connect with other senior citizens in their communities.
- VaAware.com - Addiction, prevention & recovery resources. Information. This site is a resource for all Virginians in the fight against heroin and opioid abuse throughout the Commonwealth
- American Board of Medical Specialties - The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) is the umbrella organization for the 24 approved
medical specialty boards in the United States.
- American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry - The American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry (ABMSP) recognizes certifying boards within podiatric medicine which meets its requirements.
- Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists and Boards of Certification - Certification is recognition by one of the 18 AOA Approved Specialty Boards that a D.O. has achieved expertise in a medical specialty or subspecialty.
- Council on Podiatric Medical Education - The American Podiatric Medical Association's Council on Podiatric Medical Education recognizes certifying boards within podiatric medicine which meets its standards.
Neither DHP, nor any employee of the Department warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products or services linked from this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability,timeliness or usefulness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or outdated. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his or her own risk.